The principal theme "Participation" is concerned with the respective countries' requirements for public participation in the planning process.
As a special feature, this table distinguishes between the different planning levels per country: the answers were assorted to national, regional, local master and local detail level.
To download the whole table of this principal theme, please click here: COMMIN Planning Systems_5 Participation (pdf, 247 KB)
To explore the different countries' conditions at the various planning levels step by step, please click on the subthemes listed below. Having done so, the related questions will appear. Using this method, you can make for instance an individual choice of the countries which are of particular interest for you.
- 1. Statutory requirements for information on the initiation of planning
- 2. The entitlement to inform and the right to get access to information
- 3. Particular participatory instruments beyond information in the planning process
- 4. The public opportunity to challenge the plan after the plan is formally adopted
- 5. Other important aspects related to the public involvement in planning